Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue works closely with many agencies in the rescue of abused, neglected and abandoned donkeys. PVDR has performed rescue work in 28 states. Our major projects include:
• 500+ burros. The Sheldon Refuge wild burros. US Fish & Wildlife Service
• 400+ burros. Sale Burro Program. Bureau of Land Management
• 120 burros. Kona Hawaiian Donkeys flown to Los Angeles.
• 100+ burros. Mexican Border burro program. US Department of Agriculture
• Thousands of estray donkeys in Texas. 45 County Sheriff Departments
Peaceful Valley gives all law enforcement cases priority service whenever possible.
All donkeys brought into the PVDR system are microchipped and their file reflects the rescue case number. This ensures that PVDR can tract any donkey in our system.
PLEASE READ: Typically PVDR does not take in owner surrendered donkeys. In addition to filling out the Rescue Case Form we suggest you go to our Facebook Page Donkeys Needing Homes and post your information there as well. This will allow people in your area to provide assistance.
Submission of a case it not a guarantee of service.
PVDR’s Donkey Acquisition Policy
• All donkeys being considered must have a completed Rescue Case Form and Number on file.
• Law Enforcement will be given preferential treatment.
• Donkeys become the sole property of Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue.
• PVDR will not guarantee that surrendered donkeys will remain together.
• Donkeys will not be accepted from known breeders unless ALL breeding stock is surrendered.
• All donkey rescue cases must be pre-approved by the Rescue Case Administrator.
• A release of ownership must be signed by surrendering party.
• PVDR will not enter any property without owner’s permission or law enforcement accompaniment.
• PVDR will not take horses under any circumstances.
• PVDR will only take other livestock under special circumstances.